This notice does not create contractual rights or obligations or an employment relationship.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal information does not include information that does not and cannot reveal an individual’s specific identity, such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
ViacomCBS collects a variety of information about you, which we use to support our human resources and other legitimate business and commercial purposes, including establishing, maintaining, and terminating your employment or other service relationship. Below, we list categories of the personal information we may collect and the categories of purposes for which we may use it.
- Contact Information (such as your name, telephone number, photo, and email address, physical address, and the name, telephone, email address and physical address of your designated emergency contact) in order to contact you or others on your behalf for all the purposes identified in this notice, to confirm worker eligibility under applicable union agreements, and to notify you or your next of kin in the event of a work-related accident or illness.
- Payroll and Benefits Information (such as bank account details; payroll records and information about your compensation; tax status information; pension and other retirement benefits information; social security numbers; tax identification number or other government-issued identification number of you, your spouse/domestic partner, or other family member; information on attendance, vacation, medical, parental/family, or other leave) in order to administer aspects of your employment, salary, and compensation; paying and administering your salary, bonus, incentive plans, family leave pay, sick pay, insurance, and other benefits; and reviewing or making decisions about your employment.
- Identity Verification Information (such as your name, date of birth, address, and social security number) in order to administer aspects of your employment and to comply with legal obligations or company policies, including preventing corruption and crimes and confirming your legal work status.
- Protected Classifications and/or Demographic Information (such as your age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, veteran status, criminal convictions and offenses in accordance with applicable law, disability status and related information, and pregnancy) in order to comply with legal obligations or company policies, including record-keeping required by law or company policy, ensuring meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting, and benefits administration.
- Security and Compliance Information, Records of IT and Systems Use (such as CCTV footage, virtual meeting video and audio recordings, IP addresses and information about your use of our IT, business systems, and company networks, and devices (whether owned by ViacomCBS or provided by a third party such as a cloud computing company) such as your communications on our systems, passwords, records of swipe and similar building entry cards, and, in limited cases, output of facial recognition technology) in order to administer aspects of your employment, to comply with legal obligations or company policies, to maintain and improve our IT, business systems, networks, and devices, and maintain and improve cybersecurity.
- Performance Management Information (such as performance appraisal information submitted about or by you, information about your compliance with ViacomCBS policies, information about disciplinary allegations, investigations and processes relating to grievances and complaints in which you may be directly or indirectly involved;
- Information Relating to Your Employment Relationship and Terms (such as information about the terms and dates of your employment, details of union membership and deductions of contributions) in order to assist with legal compliance, payroll administration, benefits administration, providing references in connection with your finding new employment.
- Information Relating to the Work you do for us (such as information about your role, your travel arrangements, audio/video recordings for performers, emails or other documents created by you or relating to you) for our day-to-day business operations, compliance with legal obligations or company policies.
- Health Information (such as information about your health-related status, condition, medical information, health and sickness records, records of injuries) to help us provide a safe workplace and comply with legal obligations or company policies, including record-keeping required by law or company policy, for insurance claims (which may involve disclosures to insurers and others), and for use in decisions about staffing needs.
Any other information you provide us in the context of your work for us in order to administer aspects of your employment or other relationship with us, including by way of employee surveys, or to comply with legal obligations or company policies including without limitation reviewing and managing your performance.
We may also use the personal information of employees, contractors, officers, and directors for legitimate business purposes, such as: assessing or executing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or business transfers; managing business tools and information technology systems, including computers, mobile phones provided by the company, mobile phones you register under a Bring Your Own Device policy, Internet and software access, email accounts, etc.; managing disputes and disciplinary proceedings; and contacting you or your household when needed.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we do so, we will make an updated copy available to all employees, contractors, officers, and directors.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us at CCPA_EmployeePrivacy@viacom.com.